The NZ Film Festival Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that is only possible with the support of passionate volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff. Our head office is located in Wellington and is complemented by an Auckland office. We also have fabulous personnel in Christchurch and Dunedin who help in making NZIFF a success in the main centres.
Opportunites are posted below as they become available.
We love volunteers!
If you’re passionate about film, event management and/or communication then consider volunteering with NZIFF. We offer a friendly environment with flexible hours, copious amounts of tea and coffee, plus complimentary movie tickets. Sometimes there's also cake.
Volunteer Ushers - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin
We require an army of volunteers to assist with ushering film screenings at our cinema venues around town. We’re humbled by the number of returning volunteers every year but we do welcome new enquiries.
We require a commitment from Volunteer Ushers to be available prior to NZIFF for one to two hours of training, plus a commitment to be available for a minimum of eight ushering shifts during NZIFF.
In Wellington, we also require a small number of office, website and outreach/publicity volunteers. We are unable to accommodate volunteers outside of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm due to staff workloads. Thank you.
- Preparing promotional materials
- Assisting with outdoor activations, such as programme distribution
- Checking and updating information in various databases
- Researching and contacting community groups
- Sorting and copying rating certificates
- Updating website back-end
- Helping with packing gift bags
- General office assistance
- Good communication skills
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Good computer literacy
- A love of film is a definite bonus
- In Wellington we require assistance during the months of March, April, May, June and July. We are only able to accommodate volunteers in the office during normal working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).