A new cash prize has been confirmed for NZIFF's NZ's Best short film competition.
- NZ's Best competition just got better
- Six Reasons to see Funny Face
- Third Man Trivia
- Classic Movie Weekends for Autumn Announced
- New Venture to Grow Little Docs Online
- Breaking News! NZIFF Gifted
- You Have to Pay Us to Watch It: Censoring the Festival
- We're Nearly There: Boost for Christchurch
- Friday Tigers Wins New Zealand's Best 2013
- Classic Hitchcock in 3D
- World premiere of feature film interpretation of Royal NZ Ballet's Giselle at NZIFF
- 2013 Poster Artwork Revealed
- Black and White is the New Black
- Finalists for New Zealand's Best Announced for NZIFF 2013
- Three more films make it to the 2013 programme
- The Bard has a Big Year at NZIFF
- NZIFF's Christchurch Home Needs a Boost
- First two international films revealed
- NZ films in first NZIFF 2013 sneak announcement
- Our 2013 NZ's Best Shorts Selector is announced
- Opportunity Knocks for short filmmakers - until April 19
- Season in the Sun
- Bill Reports from Toronto
Like you needed convincing...
We take a look at the enigma of The Third Man, the Brit film noir classic screening in NZIFF Autumn Events.
Astaire. Brando. Audrey Hepburn. Miyazaki. Peter O'Toole. Orson Welles. NZIFF presents legends of the giant screen this Autumn.
A new initiative has launched, with support from the New Zealand Film Commission and NZ On Air, to get more NZ short documentaries created, and distributed online.
> Click through to read more
Ocean Design has turned 25 (Happy birthday!). We had no inkling that NZIFF would be the ones receiving the birthday present. And what a fine present it is.
> Click through to read about the gift donated to NZIFF
Festivals in the UK, Canada and Australia can screen unclassfied films to adult audiences. Why can't we?
On the Boosted front we’re 57% of the way towards the $12,000 we are seeking from public donations.
Friday Tigers took both the major prizes in the second annual NZIFF New Zealand’s Best Short Film competition.
Two classic Hitchcock thrillers, North by Northwest and Dial M for Murder 3D, will screen as part of the 2013 programme.
Acclaimed New Zealand playwright and film director Toa Fraser's film will be part of the Festival opening weekend at the Civic
Look out for the 2013 NZIFF posters, hitting streets starting this week.
We reveal three more films for the NZIFF 2013 programme
Six shorts will compete for cash prizes with winners announced at end of the Auckland leg of NZIFF
Three more films, including a documentary on the Skeptics, make it to the 2013 programme.
World premiere of New Zealand feature Romeo and Juliet: A Love Song among five films announced.
NZIFF is raising money to make the Isaac Theatre Royal a state-of-the-art cinema venue in Christchurch.
We've revealed the first of our international films for NZIFF 2013.
Four NZ films are revealed for NZIFF 2013, with further announcements to come in June.
We're honoured to announce Alison Maclean as our 2013 New Zealand's Best shorts Selector.
Alerting all New Zealand short-filmmakers. We want your shorts.
NZIFF Director Bill Gosden reports back from the queues at Vancouver and looks at the difference with NZ audience.